Zombie Walk Omaha is a benefit for the Siena/Francis House shelter.
Founded in 1975, the Siena/Francis House is Nebraska’s largest shelter and is located in three facilities at 17th & Nicholas Streets in downtown Omaha, Nebraska. The Siena/Francis House provides emergency overnight shelter to men, women, and women with children. The Siena/Francis House also provides food to the homeless through our Meal Provider Program, clothing, and case management outreach services through our day services program.
Additionally, the Siena/Francis House operates a residential addiction recovery program, aptly named our “Miracles” Treatment Center.
The Siena/Francis House also provides facility space for personnel from the Visiting Nurse Association (VNA), Charles Drew Health Center, Creighton University Medical Center & Medical School, Community Alliance, and Legal Aid of Nebraska, all of whom provide medical and mental health care services and legal assistance to our homeless guests.
Exercising a policy of unconditional acceptance, the Siena/Francis House is dedicated to providing all of our services to the poor and homeless with the respect and dignity they deserve, including those viewed as “most difficult to serve”— the chronically addicted and mentally ill homeless persons who may not currently be in treatment or taking medication. All of our services are provided at no cost to our guests.The Siena/Francis House is independent, in that it is not affiliated with a parent or national organization, is not a United Way member agency, and does not receive annual United Way allocations or grants. The Siena/Francis House is a 501 (C)(3), tax exempt, charitable organization. Our Federal Identification Number is 47-0601005.
- Zombie Walks vs. Vampire Walks? 10 Reasons Why Podcast Compares
- How To Zombie Walk Video
- The 5th Annual Omaha Zombie Walk was a complete success!
- The 5th Annual Omaha Zombie Walk is HERE! Saturday, October 13th, 2012.
- 2012 Sponsors for the Omaha Zombie Walk
- Brains, Beer, and the Answer to the Burning Question: Do Zombies Golf?
- New Schedule and Volunteer/Donate Sections on Website to Make Things Easier
- Video for Omaha Zombie Walk 2011
- Great article for the Zombie Research Society, and a OZW Mention as Well.